Long-Term Side Effects of Alcohol
Alcohol has both short-term and long-term side effects but in this article, we are only concerned about the long-term effects of it.
- Weight Gain: One may gain weight with repeated consumption of alcohol over the time.
- High Blood Pressure: Consumption of alcohol in higher quantities can also raise your blood pressure in the body.
- Depression: One may also suffer from depression due to alcohol consumption. Most people think that they can deal with their depression with the help of alcohol and so, they consume it all the more.
- Liver Damage: In the long-run, too much alcohol consumption can also damage your liver which is known as liver cirrhosis. So, it’s better to stop at the right time.
- Cancer: Consumption of alcohol can also lead to cancer in the long run.
- Weak Immune System: Alcohol abuse is also known to weaken your immune system over the time and therefore, it is not at all good for your body.
- Pancreatitis: Long-term consumption of alcohol can also lead to severe inflammation in the pancreas known as pancreatitis. This may also lead to nerve damage.
So these are the main long-term side effects of alcohol abuse. Therefore, you should refrain from it only if, you want to keep your body in a good and healthy condition.